Thursday, July 26, 2012

Unconsecrated Interview


 1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
 
 
 
Hello, at first time I would like to thank you and your interest to make an interview with my band. I could say that the band is inactive for personal reasons and just yesterday 9 of july, was released the new compilation of the band with all material remastered that includes our EP from 2010 Slave To The Grave originally released by Dark Descent records and our both demos Dark Awakening from 2007 and Unconsecrated Cemetery from 2006, the final product was called Awakening In The Cemetery Grave, it's awesome with a 16 pages booklet done by Jonathan Reina from Necroven, this booklet includes all lyrics, bio, pictures, etc.
 

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new material and how it differs from previous releases?
 
 
The new stuff is more raw, heavy and crushing than all records that we did before, it's normal because when we started to play we never touch a instrument before and everything wen so fast but the result was good, now, with the join of Overlord on guitar the band sounds better and with him experience the songs took other direction more professional, brutal and focused to swedish death metal from 90's.
 

3. How would you describe the lyrical topics and concepts of the music?
 
 
 
Well, the lyrics is work of our singer Kent from norwegian band Unspoken, I gave just the titles and he created the lyrics for all songs, the themes can touch the satanismdarkness, and other concepts, so would be great to ask about it to him directly...
    We had a clear idea about the lyrics theme, we don't want to talk about other things, I think that death metal should  touch these kind of thingsI don't like to see death metal bands talking about politics or things that can't stick with death    metal
 
 

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
 

Ok, in 2006 when I decided to create the band I was crazy trying to find a name for the band como Reincremated, one day, listening to Crematory-Denial MCD I seen the title of a track called Unconsecrated ground and I liked too much, I liked just how sounds the word Unconsecrated, so I decided that would be the name for the band.
Also, I thought that this name would fit perfectly with the themes that we went to write in our songs as profaned cemeteries, death, zombies,etc.
 

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
 
 

Well, somebody did this question to me in other interviews. We never played live shows and for the moment I don't think that we will do itUnconsecrated is a studio band, you could believe me if I say that we never did a rehearsal together?, ok, the thing is that each member creates some riffs at house and then we put it together, and this is the final product, I know that in these days with internet is more confortable, I would be lying if I say the opposite. I don't know if I will be playing with the band again, if I do it, will be to play live shows and record a complete album, I have too much riff as to record 7 songs at least.
 

6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
 
 

As I said before, We never played live shows and we don't have plans to do it. If you ask me bands what I would like to share in stage, these would be my favourite bands: NECROVEN,MASS BURIAL,DECAYING,DESECRESY
 

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
 
 

As alaways, not everybody likes our music, specially our early demos, thing that I understand because when we recorded our first demo in 2006 we had playing guitars just for 6 months and with the demo of 2007 we had playing one year, so you can imagine the experience that we had, but we recorded 13 songs during one year, in 2010 when we recorded our 7" EP the experience that we had was higher and the comments of the people was better, I don't heard some bad comment about Slave to the grave, although I assume that exist, but sometimes is good to hear bad comments to improve.

8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?

My only project at the moment is my label called Dark Blasphemies Records which I manage with my brother. At the moment we had 3 releases in the street and late this year we plan to release the demos of american band CRUCIFIX which released in 1992 a brutal demo called Barriers and will be remastered with two songs from 1994 and other demo from 1991 which never was a popular record of Thrash/Death. Recently premiered our website with online shop:www.darkblasphemiesrecords.com


9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
 
 

If I ever decide to play with the band again our style will be the same, we don't wanna do something new, but we will create a rotten atmosphera in the vein of 90's death metal. 
 
 

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
 
 

Ok, the bands that influenced to create Unconsecrated was ENTOMBED, DISMEMBER, CARNAGE, UNLEASHED, GOD MACABRE, NIRVANA 2002, just to say some bands,  even their records sounds fresh for me in these days and I take ideas from each band, I always liked that style, and that is what I tried to play with my band.
About the bands playing in my HI FI lately are: WAR MASTER, ECTOVOID, ESCARNIUM, COFFIN TEXTS, EMBALMED, CRUCIFIX, NECROVEN, and many more, everyday I usually listen 3 or 4 different records, since actual bands to classics from 90's.
 

11. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
.

To be honest I can't say nothing good or bad, I like this themes but I don't have any particular vision about it. 
 

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

9 months ago my wife and I had a baby and I would like to give him too much time, spending time with my friends,  trying to keep my work in these difficult times and continue with my label.
 

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
 
 

Thanks so much for your time to do this interview, I'm sorry if the answers are short but I can't do it really good, I would like to say that Unconcecrated's cd is out now trough my label and I hope to return the band in the future.
Spread the sickness!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment