Thursday, May 23, 2013

FaithXTractor Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
 
At the moment I’m doing my best to promote the new album & trying to get the word out about FAITHXTRACTOR.   I’m also working on new material whenever time allows for the next album. I would really like to not have as much time between releases with the next succession. 
 
 
 
2.How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
 
I tried to make a Death Metal record that I personally would want to listen to repeatedly.  It contains all the elements I love about the genre.  Hopefully others will feel the same way.  It’s heavier & has more Doom elements than previous releases, but at the same time has some of the fastest material FAITHXTRACTOR has done to date.  It’s a good balance.  Past releases were tuned to D… “The Great Shadow Infiltrator” is tuned to B giving it a more sinister, heavy & haunting vibe.
 
 
 
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
 
I’ve continued to elaborate on the subject matter of past releases & my life philosophy.  Dimensional conspiracy & humanity’s willingness to be enslaved are again at the forefront.  Some songs are a bit more cryptic in their meaning this time around, & people can draw & take from them what they want to.  I’m sure I’ll get my fair share of rolling eyes & paranoia labeling…a song such as “Shackling the Long Usurped” is dedicated to that mass.   The topics I write about truly strike a chord with me.   Christian laced Satanism & splatter lyrics not so much.
 
 
 
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
 
Most people & humanity as a collective whole are completely spoon-fed their form of thinking.  The beliefs instilled in them from an early age dominant their life’s experience in some form until the end.   The band name represents all of that indoctrination being stripped away to at last see clearly.  There’s a difference between life lessons with choice & rigid indoctrination.
 
 
 
 
 
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain a duo?
 
I’d love to expand the line up for the purpose of doing live shows. Writing & recording is smooth & easy with the current situation, but playing live isn’t an option without the music suffering to a certain degree.   I just need to find the right individuals. FAITHXTRACTOR is definitely a personal escape for me, & I don’t want to tamper with that vibe too much.   I’m not a difficult person to work with.  I just expect would be participating musicians to put the same effort & dedication into FAITHXTRACTOR as I do.  It’s harder to find these people than one may think.
 
 
 
6.The band members have a history in the underground that goes back 20 years, what is it that motivates you to keep going after all these years?
 
Pure love for METAL.  It’s that simple.   Music has been a constant throughout my life & Extreme Metal for nearly two thirds of it.  It’s part of my being & I need to do it.
 
 
 
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
 
It’s always killer once people give it a proper listen.  The most trying part is sparking that initial interest that makes people want to check it out!  Just give it a chance fuckers!!
 
 
 
8.What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
 
Still trying to fix the line-up issues with ESTUARY.   We’ve made some head way with this, & our hoping to be back up a running soon.  It’s been a trying few years for that band, but we are not finished.   With The VLADIMIRS we are working on a reissue of our first album as well as a brand new one.   CRUCIFIED MORTALS should have a new split 7” with EXORCISM available soon. MACHINATIONS OF FATE is doing live gigs here & there when time permits
 
 
 
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
 
I’m just going to build upon what we’ve been doing.  It’s a free flowing natural process!  To continue to make dark & quality Death Metal music is the only objective.
 
 
 
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
 
My main influences musically for FAITHXTRACTOR almost always stem from the decade of 1983-1993 for extreme music.  It’ll always be my favorite time frame & the sounds of that era or eras were crucial to my formative years musically.  I’m still interested in new music & still searching all the time for new Metal especially.
 
 
 
11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
 
Reading, nature, fitness, alcohol, killer Metal times & the pros that go with it!
 
 
 
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview>
 
Thanks for the interview!  First one I’ve done for FAITHXTRACTOR in quite some time!  Check out the new album!  If you’re into face pounding Death Metal you will not be disappointed!  METAL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment