Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Act of Violence Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. Jesse: Well, we're the fucking mayhem, the sound of a crime scene, unprecedented evil. We kick ass bro..and if someone hurts your family or what not and you need to go on a killing spree for vengeance.. AOV is the kind of music you put on.. Haha.

2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the new recording?
2. Musical sound... It's heavy as fuck I know that for sure.. I guess if I have to put it in a box I'd say it's modern thrash metal mixed with death and groove metal. For sure yeah.. But the sound is unique though. We tell brutal tales of violence.. with all of our hearts

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with their music?
3. Roni: The subjects of the songs roughly come from real life situations more or less, but we try to find the right topics that goes with the mood of the songs. The main idea is still to keep the lyrics evil.
    Jesse:The same what Roni said... We keep it evil, but like... The way I see it when I'm writing down lyrics, I'm murdering the low life human shit stains in our world... For exsample the song "Suffer the Consequences".. there's a line that goes "no permission and you entered, you ended her adolescent life, but you didn't care and now you can never clean up the air". What I'm trying to say there is that I will cut a pedofiles throat open... and people can relate to that in a good, but in a fucking aggressive way.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Act of Violence'?
4. Roni: Theres no particular meaning behind the name, but the inspiration came from every event or someones doing you can imagine violent.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Roni: I guess its safe to say in behalf of the band that THE best shows are yet to come and we are working on our live performance to be vibrant and entertaining to watch.
    Jesse: The best shows are YET to come indeed ! But it won't be clean.. It gets messy, I'm quite the charmer !

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. Jesse: Of course that's something that we want, but there's no plans.. We'll see what happens.. I mean we try.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
7. Roni: I dont think that the music has reached to a worldwide scale just yet, but the feedback has been really great this far.

8.Are the band members involved with any other musical projects or this a full time line up?
8. Jesse: Now I'm just speaking for myself, but I've been involved with this wicked, sort of gothic rockish hip-hop thing as long as I can remember. By the name of Jason Stone. I love everything I do musically.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Roni: We try to amend the music as a band and as an individual players so in the future it would sound more and more like us and as far as there is violence the will be topics for us write about.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Roni: the list of bands or musicans who have had an influence to us would be too long for us to write cos we all have our personal favorites etc.but the style of our music comes from various genres and we try to make it sound like     ours with a touch of groovy rhythms and brutal lyrics.
     Jesse: Exactly the same what Roni said, yes!

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. Jesse: Non musical interests... Pussy.. You know women in general haha.. BEER, whiskey and Chop Suey, I love that shit hahaha. These other fuckers like sports and that's why most of the time I don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Jesse: FInal words... I'll strike you with a clishe! : This is just the beginning. "NO EIHÄ SE NY" ! AOV ! Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment