Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pedophile Priests Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

I formed Pedophile Priests band in 2014. I had a lot of new material ready so I could focus  straight ahead on the recordings. I got help from drummer - Lukasz „Lucass“ Krzesiewicz whose ultra fast style of playing was a element which  I needed for those crazy tracks. After recordings in April 2015 former musician of Thy Worshiper and Pineal Gland -  Krystian „Kruszon" Mistarz joined the band as a permanent drummer. In August 2015 we signed record deal with Metal Scrap Records. Later on around November 2015 bassist Krystian Mazur joined the band and in this line up we played already a couple of gigs. Currently we looking for new bass player, playing local gigs and writting brand new material.

2.In November you had released your first album, how wold you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Old school and modern playing clipped by the same atmosphere. Melody and aggression. Mixture of Death and Thrash metal  bringing what we like the most in genres. Monolitic but every song has own character. We were going into the studio with a vision of dirty retro sound what influenced the final result which is much different that most of death metal productions this days what makes that some people will like it and others don’t.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

A lyricly album is a journey through dark corners of the human mind pervading the universe. I fell it as a dark cosmic aura and something around us, affect and transforming us. For someone it will be god or ancient astronauts for someone else something completely different. „Peresentiment of Evil“  for an example is saying about evil side of ourselfs which somethimes comes up and pushing good side away. For “Czarne Xięstwo” I was looking for something extraordinary and then I found this sick poem of polish avangarde poet Tadeusz Miciński. I could not write anything more dark and morbid, this lyric is seriuosly fucked up. I placed it straight ahead on the track and it suit perfectly. “Pogański” for an example got the tittle first because of pagan, ethnic sound and atmosphere of the song. I knew that it has to say about our Slavic, pagan roots so I just could not write this in english so it became polish lyric. "Crescent Guided Tributory" is about islamic terrorists...

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Pedophile Priests'?

Name "Pedophile Priests" is lack of this what we use to call "policital correctness " is us. We have XXI century and this is still kind of taboo but not for us. They are pedophiles between priests and those of them which are hiding in a cassock - we call pedophile priests. This what they do is evil and fact that they are the priests makes it even more - this make it pure evil and if something is pure evil then it is great name for metal band;) Some people get offended by band name but I don’t care because I get offended by this what those people do and that they still trying to hide it. Is there more disgusting crime that this one against children especially commited by the priests of the god?  This pissing me off so this is why we call our band Pedophile Priests.



5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also howwould you scribe your stage performance?

There was no gig yet when we were 100% happy because how we played but slowly we are getting there;) I am very demanding for ourselfs but I think thats good. I would describe it as classic metal  show with a lot of madness and headbanging. Mixture of fast very fast and some slower songs. And for the dessert cover of old metal gods.



6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Currently we start to work on this. Some local gigs at first and then maybe UK  tour. We playing also in irish elimination for Bloodstock so there is some chance that we will apper over there. Hopefully next step will bring us to Slovakia or Czech Republic, and maybe Poland and Germany either but we do not have any specifics yet.



7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?

We are receiving good and very good reviews mostly. Two of those were even very enthusiastically. Of course there was some negative one aswell.Generally feedback  by fans of death metal is good whats make me delighted as music we play and way how "Dark Transgression of the Soul"  sound like is a little bit different then this how death metal bands play and sound this days.



8.Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?

No, not at the moment. Previously Krystian Mistarz was involved in Thy Worshiper and Pineal Gland and I use to play for Mortis Dei, Puki Mahlu and Lady Maggot but currently we are focus on Pedophile Priests and we working on the new material.



9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Bit slower (max. 190 BPM instead 200 BPM;), with more air in and more transparent . Flow and groove.Variety of vocals starting from growls through dirty and clean singing. Some catchy parts but in the good meaning of word. Lyrically more issues of everyday life insted of transcendental.



10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I am listening to metal mostly as heavy music is love of my life. Of course I can place in my player music of different genres but there is no many thigs I really enjoy. I like some stuff of Portishead, somethimes some movies soundtracks and jazz, but I don’t really have favorites artist outside metal. Most of the time I like single songs only or just fragments of albums. Some time ago I tried to force myself to listening more of not metal music but I did’t like it so I stoped to do this.



11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I love motorcycles and own few of them. Really like work on them, customizing etc. Currently working on Honda VT600 Shadow bobber/choper project and of course ride them across the Europe.

Also I am into craft beers but music is the most importent in my life so I collecting cd's and appearing on most local gigs.



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Support the underground because is the most precious place for metal.

Also thank You for interest in Pedophile Priests and Your support.

And finally - stay brutal and fuck the political correctness because remember that Death Metal means

NO COMPROMISES!

No comments:

Post a Comment